Topic 1: Theorist
Which theory speaks to your advanced nursing practice?
Explain why it speaks directly to your future practice and give specific examples of how you see it fitting into your new role.
1. THINGS TO REMEMBER:
Discussion post is at least 200 words.
Answers all questions with opinions/ideas creatively and clearly. Supports post using several outside, peer-reviewed sources.
3 References, find resources that are 5 years or less
No errors with APA format 6th Edition
2. Textbook Requered Readings
Philosophies and theories for advanced nursing practice
· Chapter 18: “Models and Theories Focused on Nursing Goals and Functions”
· Chapter 19: “Model and Theories Focused on a Systems Approach”
· Chapter 20: “Models and Theories Focused on Human Existence and Universal Energy”
· Chapter 21: “Models and Theories Focused on Competencies and Skills”
Journal Required Readings
Nikitas, D. M., & Frederickson, K. (2015). Nursing knowledge and theory: Where is the economic value? Nursing Economic$, 33(4), 190-239.
This unit focuses on select conceptual nursing models, grand, and middle-range theories and how they guide and influence each other.
If you think about it as a field of science, you can look at the quantum mechanics and Newtonian physics. These are midrange theories applied to the physical world.
However, scientists even before Einstein were looking for the grand theory to bring it all together; the unified field theory. This theory would bring all other theories in science together with one overarching explanation for how science works.